Crested Butte Real Estate Market Update 6-16-10
This Crested Butte update is dedicated to all my clients living in Houston. You will now have direct flights to Crested Butte seven days a week! I know you all have been waiting a long time for this so I couldn’t be happier to bring you this news. But the good news doesn’t end there! Please continue reading for Snograss, current real estate, airline, Mt. Crested Butte Performing Arts Center, mountain improvement and many more updates. With prices in Crested Butte at their lowest in years we have seen a massive increase of sales this year compared to last. For the latest and most up to date news on Crested Butte please visit my website www.CrestedButteForSale.com and please, never hesitate to call me anytime if you have any questions regarding the Crested Butte market.
SNODGRASS – NEWS FLASH
• CBMR has just heard from Chief of the U.S. Forest Service Tom Tidwell that he has agreed to review the James Pena appeal decision.
• Chief Forester Tidwell has 30 days for the review with a decision to be made by July 14.
• If you would like to support CBMR as they seek expansion, please consider joining the Coalition for Lifts on Snodgrass; you may visit their website at http://www..liftsonsnodgrass.org/.
• Lodge at Mountaineer Square: CBMR Real Estate closed two sales in the last month, and placed another residence under contract.
• Prospect: Join us on June 30 at 3 p.m. on Lot E20 for a bar-b-que and an announcement about Prospect’s new prices; watch for an upcoming email regarding this event.
• We have have under contract and sold $35,097,631 of homes and condos in the upper valley so far this year. That is a 50% increase in sales over same time last year.
• We have have under contract and sold $3,303,831 of land in the upper valley so far this year. That is a 54% increase in sales over same time last year.
• Click here to view my Featured Properties
• Click here to search all Crested Butte real estate privately and securely
Mountain Improvements This Year
• Glading in many different areas on the mountain.
• Renovation of Treasury Building to add more seating and new restrooms. Trailhead Museum has moved to the Outpost.
• Fix sewer issues at Paradise Warming Hut. Anyone who has waiting in line at the Paradise lift will know how great this is!!!
• Evolution Bike Park: three new mountain bike trails, skills park, and lessons.
• Goal for mountain bike riders is to increase to 5,000 rider days from 3500.
• Almost 100% renewal rate.
• New plan out July 1, 2010 with two levels of Sport membership at a lower price.
• Great way to add value to your real estate purchase, please contact me for details.
• United from Denver will operate two-three times a day depending on time of year.
• American twice daily out of Dallas on regional jet this winter.
• Continental expected to announce seven days a week out of Houston mid-December to New Years, then four days a week until mid-February, then back to seven days a week through March.
• Expecting to hear by July 1, 2010 on a direct flight from San Francisco! Stay tuned.
PAC (Performing Arts Center) and MSN (Mountaineer Square North)
• Preliminary approval this summer and final by EOY
• Parking, skier drop-off and other improvements started by 2012, with PAC possibly starting near same time
• Rafting dispute settled, for now. The agreement allows the rafters limited access to 1.7 miles of the Taylor River in western Colorado. The dispute started when developer Jackson-Shaw LLC bought land including the river and told rafters they’d no longer be able to float by. Click here for full story.
• Our very own Emma Coburn ran to a second-place finish in the 3,000-meter steeplechase at the 2010 NCAA Outdoor Track & Field Championship on Saturday afternoon.
Click here for full story.
• Crested Butte Restaurant Week continues to be a huge success. Click here for full story.
Corey Dwan – REALTOR
Benson Sotheby’s International Realty
P.O. Box 210
433 Sixth Street
Crested Butte, CO 81224
970-325-3219 World Wide Cell